Sunday 31 May 2020

A return to the Crimea .


I was tidying the wargaming room today and I picked up the cardboard box that my unused Crimean war figures are kept and the bottom fell out of the box and all the sprue cascaded over the floor . So after a bit of bad language I repaired the box and started repacking them , this got me thinking - was it about time I did another unit or two ? . 


I looked on this blog and found it was 18 months ago since I did anything with these figures , so I thought I'd do another battalion of Russian infantry , to go with these I have cleaned up a Russian religious group of 2 religious banner bearers , an icon bearer and a priest . These are from the Strelets Russian General Staff and Hospital box and perhaps will be incorporated into the rules - Russians re-roll poor morale tests if within 12" ? .


The last figure I painted for this project all those months ago was Lord Cardigan so I thought it was time that I did a Captain Nolan to pass orders to him. It is converted British Lancer officer , I trimmed the czapka into a pill box forage cap and cut away his sword so that it looks like he is gesturing " there my Lord is your enemy !". 


Played by David Hemmings in the 1968 film .




8 comments:

  1. When the universe speaks (by tipping stuff on the floor for example) its usually best to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tony- Well done on the conversion figure for Captain Nolan - be nice to see the later results of painting up. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is very good, very similar to the original character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twas a sign from the fickle wargaming gods. Easier than packing them away too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A sign I shouldn't tidy up I thing , but it had to be done .

      Delete