Saturday 16 May 2020

Featherstone on the tabletop. ( part 2)


For various 'real life' interruptions I have not got on with the game this week , so I thought I'd better update the blog with my progress so far . The French infantry have deployed and supported by their gun are attacking the Prussians who have moved up onto the hill . On the left the cavalry clash in a series of melees .


The 'Turcos' move forward .


The French gun lines up on it's Prussian adversary , both sides counter-battery fire was inconclusive .


One of the cavalry melees on the left , both sides caused casualties but the Prussians retired in the end . However the French cavalry was much weakened and couldn't maximise on their victory .


The Prussian cavalry's position after the melees . I am in the progress of re-writing my amended Featherstone rules for this period from the jumble of notes I've jotted down and will put them on the blog when I've got them sorted . Part three to follow soon ....... (click on photos to enlarge)





18 comments:

  1. Wonderful - can't wait for Act 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these photographs are good for the soul.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quality depends on the time of day I take them as the sunshine streams through the wargaming room windows in the afternoon .

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy these old school games. Just love the look of the table. Outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do like O.S. uncomplicated rules that I can remember in my head .

      Delete
  4. Delightful pictures, I am looking forward to reading your take on Featherstone's rules.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a jumble of notes at the moment but a rewrite is in progress

      Delete
  5. Good to see you're enjoying your solo game. I find they are great way to utilise Covid-19 down-time. Looking forward to seeing your amended rules. Regards Greg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tony- Looking forward to your 3rd Update on the Battle and your amended rules. You've made a splendid job of the Spencer Smith figures- well done indeed. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kev these figures are some of my favourites

      Delete
    2. I can see why- they are great. I've often looked at the Spencer Smith site and dream't of those Armies-owning Spencer Smith Armies must be great!

      Delete
    3. They were a bit fiddly to paint but worth the effort .

      Delete
  7. This is excellent Tony, but you really must work in a couple of B&W pictures! Looking forward to next instalment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will try and remember to sepia a couple of photos in my next report

      Delete