Sunday 30 December 2018

The Building Blocks .


I have been sorting out the figures I have for my 45 project , the Highlanders will be from the two boxes produced by Strelets . This is first box they do and has a total of 39 figures in it , they have three of these sprues plus a command sprue which is common to both boxes . The figures are a bit of a mix from the good to the 'Hmmm !' this box has three figures with spears (?) rather strange !! , I think I will have to attempt to turn them into 'Lochaber' axes .


This is the other box which has 46 figures in it . These are rather better, mostly armed with broadswords plus a useful standard bearer , not all of them have 'targes' (shields)  so I will have to add these using techniques I haven't used since converting Airfix 'Robin Hood and his Merry Men' about forty years ago ! .


This is the 'command' sprue which is included in each box and has several casualties and a mounted officer on it, as well as some useful broadsword armed figures . The amount of flash seems to vary from box to box so I have some cleaning up to do and am going to have to convert some of the figures before mounting them ready for spraying a black undercoat . I'll post more when I have got some ready.



5 comments:

  1. An interesting mix of poses, will be good to see what you can make of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes some are definitely better than others , will look better when tidied up .

      Delete
  2. No doubt you will get through this Project in the New Year- have fun there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have already started messing about with it , but full steam ahead in January ! .

      Delete
  3. Hi, I really enjoyed reading your post, and hope to read more. thank you so much for sharing this informative blog.
    ចាក់បាល់

    ReplyDelete