Tuesday 18 December 2018

Saxon Cuirassier Regt. Von Plotz .


I have decided on which unit to do for my cuirassier figures - it is the Saxon Regt. Von Plotz - here illustrated from the www.kronoskaf.com website.


I've got the first two figures painted , here they are in their unvarnished state . I have somewhat simplified the uniform and made a few amendments to accommodate the quirks of the cast figure which is something you have to do with the older Prince August moulds as they are rather generic . I hope to get the unit finished this week if everything goes to plan . I am very tempted to start on my new '45' Jacobite project but have various things to finish off before I plunge into painting masses of tartan . 


14 comments:

  1. The Saxon army was beautifully attired and I think you have made a great choice.Green facings always look great with white uniforms. Well done, they are really nice casts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to go with the green hadn't I , whoever cast them did a good job didn't they !

      Delete
  2. Lovely work.... a striking uniform.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes like the green and white , I've simplified the lacing to preserve my eyesight and temper .

      Delete
  3. Nice looking Uniform for your Prince August cavalry- hope to see your start Tony on the Jacobite Project in the New Year. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tempted with the Jacobites - but - I have to clear the backlog of 'to paint' figures first .

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks , I'm short of heavy cavalry so this will be a boost to the French and Allies .

      Delete
  5. Excellent result - very effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a nice clean casting , will look even better with a coat of gloss varnish .

      Delete
  6. Looking good Tony...
    I have always found the horses a right bugger to cast.... that’s a technical term by the way..

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I find certain moulds are worse than others , the older ones are flatter and seem to cast better . I tend to cut lots of vents to help the metal reach the extremities .

      Delete