Thursday 13 December 2018

Jacobite Battle .


As people know I'm doing the 45 Rebellion next year , so 'A' said why don't I bring my 28mm Jacobites around for a game . 


I was planning to use 'Black Powder' for my games but 'A' brought round these rules from the 'Paper Soldiers' series . They are rather old fashioned D6 type but engineered just for the Jacobite Rebellion .


The rules have a small sample battle in the back of the book which we played through twice in the evening - I won one, 'A' the other.


The rules are meant to be used with the cut out paper soldiers in the book , which you can photocopy to get extra units , I don't think I would be bothered as I think cutting them out with scissors would be rather fiddly - and I like painting figures .


A rather blurry photo of 'A' pointing out a dramatic manoeuvre he is about to command . This game has spurred me on to get the project started BUT I must get the outstanding figures to paint finished . 





6 comments:

  1. I have that book. Getting through a game twice in an evening has a certain attraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was quick , very basic scenario and simple win or loose , maybe keep it in mind when I get some figures painted up .

      Delete
  2. Your Friends army figures look to be by Old Glory of the USA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a mixture of figures , but a good number of them are Old Glory

      Delete
  3. Splendid lines of battle, great looking game...and room!

    ReplyDelete