Friday 16 November 2018

The 30th (Cambridgeshire) Regiment Of Foot.


Back to the painting table with a vengeance this week and have completed the next regiment of foot for my Crimean British force this being the 30th , another battalion of Pennefathers Brigade . Note Mrs Duberly sheltering behind their ranks.


Lots of dramatic poses amongst the Strelets figures ! .


Having a multitude of spare figures I have decided to give each unit a separate base of  skirmishers mounted on some round MDF bases I had handy - here's the one for the 55th Foot.


A rather more lively one for the 42nd Foot. I've started painting up some Hussars for the Light Brigade which I hope to photo in the next few days .





10 comments:

  1. Very smart looking fellows and smart of Mrs Duberly to stay behind the firing line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to think of some rules for her - re-roll failed morale checks if she is within 6" ?

      Delete
  2. Another splendid unit. Do they get plus one in morale test for Mrs Duberly within six inches of unit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, was thinking along those lines .

      Delete
  3. Diversified and great poses...and wonderful paint job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strelets are not to everybody's taste but I like them .

      Delete
  4. I continue to be surprised at how good the Strelets look once you've painted them up. I like your skirmish stands too.

    If you give Fanny a morale bonus there should be some risk involved and a penalty if she gets an invitation she can't refuse to dine with the Russian commander before being returned to her husband or loses her horse to a stray shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good coat of gloss varnish protects the from peeling and seems to 'pull' the figure together then a matt varnish . Will have to get Flashman involved as well I think !

      Delete
  5. Another top job, Tony, in-Duberlyty.
    Yours
    WM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I do enjoy painting Strelets they have a quirky charm all of their own .

      Delete