Sunday 4 November 2018

Interfering with Mrs Duberly .


Not as racy as it sounds , several weeks ago I asked if anybody had a Airfix Maid Marion figure (http://tonystoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2018/09/does-anybody-have.html) to convert into the Crimean personality Mrs Fanny Duberly . Very kindly fellow blogger Springinsfeld sent me one - so fixing a new scalpel blade to my knife I set off CAREFULLY cutting back the medieval harness on the horse and the cloak she is wearing to try and reform as a Victorian lady .


It was easier than I first thought , I added a straw (?) hat to her head using 'green stuff' , the hardest part was getting the horse to fit the base (much bad language and cursing of Airfix) and I resorted to a pin through the base and into the horses stomach to hold it in place . 


The original Mrs Duberly with her husband in the Crimea . 


Whilst I was on a Crimean bent I decided to do another six Hussar figures for my Light Brigade .


I also cleaned up another regiment of British infantry and based up the Earl of Cardigan to take command of the Light Brigade . I've got a new can of black undercoat and so will get these sprayed ready for painting and will post an update this week .





12 comments:

  1. Very nice work and a spendid contribution from a fellow blogger. All of my Airfix cavalry (and camels!) were fixed by pins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten about those b****y bases , bitter memories of using Airfix figures in childhood .

      Delete
  2. Nice looking conversion. Only 73 miles to go - great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will look better when painted, only 52 now - just updated this weeks mileage .

      Delete
  3. Very nicely done! I'm looking forward to see her painted up and out for a ride to view some action.

    Never had much problem with Airfix horses but then I used to use a low heat soldering iron to fuse the pegs from below.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that ! - mind you if it was me I'd probably melt the horses legs as well .

      Delete
  4. Nice work there Tony on the figure of Mrs Duberly- looking forward to your painting and finish of your converted figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Splendid conversion,l look forward to seeing her painted.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier than I first thought , I'm looking forward to getting her painted.

      Delete
  6. Very good conversion........happy to be of service :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just got her painted and when varnished will post pictures , many thanks for the figure - I owe you one ! .

      Delete