Monday 12 November 2018

Mrs Duberly On Parade .


My wife has been on holiday the last week so we have been doing 'real life' things and I haven't got too much done , but I have got Mrs Duberly finished. I made a guess at her colour scheme which is a dark colour - so I went for blue . I gave the figure a gloss coat of varnish and then a matt one and did the base up . I'm pleased how she has turned out and it does bear a resemblance to the real lady I think . In a moment of serendipity I came across the above book in my local bookshop - "Mrs Duberly's War - Journal and letters from the Crimea" so it will be interesting to read about the lady behind the plastic figure. 

13 comments:

  1. A fine young lady Tony...
    And yes ... what the hell were Airfix thinking with these bases... we used to try and melt the pegs to the base with my fathers soldering iron... often with tragic/comical results.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No glue seemed to work on them , hence I resorted to a pin .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm pleased with the result - better than I thought .

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes she turned out well - thanks for supplying the figure.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you was a bit nerve racking cutting the cloak off the figure - one slip ! etc

      Delete
  5. Looks every bit as good as I expected. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks she turned out well , now to think of some rules for her in games .

      Delete
  6. What an excellent job she has turned out.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete