Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Hanoverian Engineers.


These figures have been awaiting painting for weeks and though I'm all fired up to start painting Medieval knights for ' Lion Rampant ' my guilty conscience got the better of me and so I thought I'd get them done first. I've been wanting to do some Engineers for my 40 mm SYW-ish armies for ages and  so I converted these artillery crewmen by adding shovels etc from plastic card and brass wire .


It took me a while to decide on a suitable uniform , but finally settled for the Hanoverian Engineers in their light blue coat and red cuffs - here seen busy plundering an ancient monument for artifacts to sell to antiquarians .  ( click on photos to enlarge )


11 comments:

  1. Nicely done, some good conversions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, and actually kind of pretty in a very military way.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painted conversions and splendid background! Tell Us more about the ruined temple...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an aquarium decoration from ' Pets at Home'

      Delete
  4. Allan stole my words! So let me add really good work on the shovels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They where rather fiddly to put together , Tony

      Delete
  5. Nice work there Tony. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed - very nice work - they have turned out great. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice figures. The temple looks good too...could double as a folly in a landscape garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any Enginners in my 40mm PA armies. Going to have to get some of own.

    Thanks

    Mark

    ReplyDelete