Tuesday 1 November 2022

Air warfare over the Salsa Valley.


Nacho Wars goes into the realms of the air!  Here we see the Neuvo Rico air ace Wilheim Von Richthofen (the famous Red Baron's cousin) diving out of the clouds on an unsuspecting Republican plane.


I picked up a couple of diecast planes from Ebay, this Italian Ansaldo now sporting the roundels of the Republic del los Cocos. 


And this German Aviatik now with the Nuevo Rician markings. I scraped off the old stickers and photocopied new markings which were stuck onto the wings, I then cut off the propellers and added clear discs to represent the spinning props. 



I drilled a hole in the underside of the models for the stand, which is a bamboo skewer drilled into three MDF bases glued together suitably painted in a reverse ground perspective. 


The finished product, I wanted diecast planes for the 'toy soldier' look also durability, I don't think plastic kits will survive long in the rough and tumble of Nacho Wars.


Here is the Republican Ansaldo Fighter piloted by a chap called Bigglesworth. I've no rules worked out for air-ground or air-air combat yet, but they must be simple D6 ones. 







 



 

 

13 comments:

  1. Nice work on the hairyplanes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent airplanes Tony and your pictures are brilliant! Especially #1, pure action and excitement! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiddling with photoshop, they are rather nice metal models.

      Delete
  3. Nice additions to the collection. I ask of used kebab skewers in this way for some of my aircraft stands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the planes, they are very nice, brings a whole new dimension into the war as well,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought I would go diecast as WW1 plastic are rather fiddly to put together.

      Delete
  5. Lovely stuff, Tony. The aircraft add a lot to the visual spectacle.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  6. When are you adding the Zeppelins?

    ReplyDelete