Sunday 22 December 2019

Lookin back , moving forward .



At this time of year I look back on my blog to see what I've done , this year is dominated by the arrival of 'A Gentlemen's War' and my addiction to 'Command and Colors' . AGW has been played a lot and has seen me expand my 40mm armies to fit the organisation used in the rules and also the building of a new one - my 'Army of the Sublime Porte' , it has become my 'go too' set of rules and I like their simplicity and solo adaptability . C&C was a bit of a surprise , I don't do boardgames (especially after loosing ALL of my counters for the Confederate army whilst playing a Gettysburg boardgame against 'B' many years ago !) , but the rules system and the clever use of chunky blocks has entranced me and I love playing the Ancient version and have recently moved on to the Napoleonic one . The games are quick to set up with historical scenarios and play well , even solo. I've also started playing Featherstone's ancient rules using 'flats' , this project has somewhat been put on hold, but I will return to it next year as I do like the challenge of painting flats . My Jacobite project has been more or less finished and I must start playing some more games with them . As for next year I have several things I want to pursue and will be putting these up soon .




10 comments:

  1. Your 40mm figures are splendid Tony but I think the Flats are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes need to sort them out next and paint and base some more up .

      Delete
  2. Off topic, I see that you are reading the Miller book on Vicksburg. What do you think of it so far? It's on my Buy List.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good , don't know much about this theatre of war at all (the Civil War was won at Vicksburg ? ) more of a Army of the Potomac man .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played my first C&C games this year and must say thoroughly enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its certainly been a good year for your readers! May you have a Merry Christmas and have many happy games and oainting sessions in the new year (for us to enjoy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a quietly productive year, a Merry Christmas to you as well Ross .

      Delete
  6. Have a merry Xmas Tony...
    I look forward to seeing more of your shiny toys in the new year

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete