Tuesday 10 December 2019

Bashi Bazooks of the Sublime Porte .


This is one of the last units I will be doing (for the time being)  for my Balkans War Army of the Sublime Porte , they are the Bashi Bazooks irregular cavalry useful for scouting but perhaps not for front line battle roles - in their first battle they were ordered to charge a fleeing enemy and failed their morale roll and left the table .


Here they leave on a patrol lead by a senior officer . The figures are of course 42mm Irregular Miniatures , the mounted officer is a semi-flat figure bought off eBay , he was snapped off his base and needed pinning to a new one , I think I have managed to hide the repairs quite well and although perhaps originally a Russian figure I have painted him as an officer of the Sublime Porte.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tony...
    That officer is rather nice... a good find.

    All the best. Aly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think he's a German semi-flat homecast , I've had him for about 2 years and finally found a use for him .

      Delete