Wednesday 17 July 2019

Flat figures for Hyboria .


Been very busy getting my flats based and the paintwork re-touched ready to play a game using Featherstone's Ancient rules . Here are the 1st Imperial Infantry Regt .of Hyrkania.


A detachment of the Hyrkanian Imperial Archers . Hyrkania has a strong Greco/Roman theme when it comes to figures .


Hyrkanian Light Horse , I've had to touch up the paint on most of the above figures and added a bit of shading to the flesh colour to make it stand out more .

The Hyperborian Thurn Infantry, I've had to paint extra figures to bring this up to strength - an Officer and Standard Bearer .


The 2nd Gwalur Infantry of Hyperboria , I have re-painted these to give a uniform appearance and added the two Officer figures . I'm using the organisation from the Featherstone book which gives 20 infantry and 2 Officers, the cavalry  are  15 and 2 Officers . I've got enough  for a small game which I will be posting soon .








18 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I am looking forward to seeing the game.

    Will you be using Featherstone rules as written?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to start with , may modify the melee results to make them a bit more effective .

      Delete
  2. Coming along very nicely indeed. I really look forward to seeing the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! They look fantastic.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done..they really look good. Can't wait to see a game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to playing with them and painting more .

      Delete
  5. Great work Tony, they look spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking great so far! I'm also looking forward to seeing the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The units are looking very nice. I too am looking froward to the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look lovely Tony...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , playing through a couple of games using them to test out the rules .

      Delete
  9. Looks great! How are you finding the flats to work with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the work so far has been touching up the paint work on these figures and adding a bit of shading to the flesh . I've painted about 12 Officer/ Standard Bears up so far myself using a black undercoat which is perhaps to dark , might try a brown for the next batch . I paint on a darker shade of colour then highlight it with brighter coat on top . I'm enjoying painting them , it's different and a bit of a challenge .

      Delete