Thursday 27 September 2018

First Fruits .


Have got a production line started for my re-basing , I put the figure in a vice and tap the penny they are based on CAREFULLY ! minding your fingers and the figure and the figure comes away .


I then clean up the figure base and glue them to the new MDF base . I am doing Prussian and Austrian units alternatively and will get enough done for a small scenario using 'Test Of Honour' rules.


My first two Austrian battalions portraying the Regiment Sachsen-Gotha . I found a couple of 'match pots' of the colour I used to paint the table so decided to use this on the bases .


They form line to protect a vital bridge . I'm pleased with the speed I'm getting through these figures and soon will have enough for a game .  




6 comments:

  1. Looking good Tony...

    Like you I am also indulging in some re-basing... as well as all the other nonsense it get up to...
    Don’t stop for a rest... if you do you are doomed.

    The reward of a game at the end of it is an excellent idea.

    All the best Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes going to keep going whilst on a roll ! , will reward myself with small game to keep me motivated .

      Delete
  2. A cunning plan well executed. A reward game is well deserved and a great idea.
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have got enough done and am going to set up the game today .

      Delete
  3. Ah, re-basing, one of the great joys of the hobby - they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully by re-basing them they will get used more often .

      Delete