Thursday 21 June 2018

Half Way There ! .


Well this morning I passed the 500 miles mark on my walk a 1000 miles in a year project . I've been looking at the wall chart that I record my mileage on and over the last 20 weeks I have only missed 3 days (one of these was when we travelled to Scotland on holiday - the other two I can't remember the reasons for the absence of miles ?) . Here we see my companion for most of these  walks - Charlie - note how attentive he is to his master ! (I've got a treat in my hand to get his attention !) . Well here's to the next 500 ! . 

11 comments:

  1. Great result and I am sure Charlie is having a whale of a time. The weather at the moment is conducive to a long walk too so get on out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the weather at the moment is helping , however being a hay-fever sufferer it has its problems at this time of the year .

      Delete
  2. Well done sir! You put me to shame.

    I'm not sure I've walked 10% of that despite good intentions. Must have a stern talk with myself and do better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done an average of about 3.5 miles per day , having to walk the dog helps .

      Delete
  3. Well done! You're halfway there ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep trudging on.... might have to get myself a pooch to get me walking distances again.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be joining the Proclaimers next, Tony. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo of Charlie and yourself - interesting background too.

    ReplyDelete