Been busy this week painting cavalry and have got quite a few done - they are not the hardest figures to paint being clad mainly in darkened armour . 'Mars' seem to go for rather dramatic poses which means you have to be careful how you arrange them on bases and look a bit odd to gamers used to the more staid metal figures.
I've also been in a quandary on the bases - the large green expanses didn't look right to me , so I've started covering them with 'Basetex' , dry-brushed then added green flock which I think looks better.
Mounted Harquebusier (that word has driven 'spell check' crazy !) - a nightmare to base up as you don't want people shooting their comrade to the right/left in the head , sorry for the rather blurry photos I've not come to terms with the latest edition of 'Photo shop' yet - which doesn't seem as good as the old one - or it might just be me . (click on them to enlarge)
I tried a small game using the Featherstone rules but ran into problems because it assumes you are using single figures , I decided to base the plastic figures on multiple bases because of speed of movement and to protect the figures from paint chipping - so I've decided to swop rule sets and use 'Pike and Shotte' a version of the 'Black Powder' rules I already use for my Napoleonic and 1860 Italian collections . I've had a small test game and they seem to work okay - about 75% of the rules are common to both systems so learning them should not be a problem . I need more Command figures though for these rules so they are next up for painting .