Been busy getting figures ready for spraying and painting . This gun and crew is the second one I've done (the first is being painted) and had very little flash on the castings and were easy to get ready . However.........
The box of Mounted Aquebusiers were heavily flashed and were a total pain to clean up - note the razor blade converted into a craft knife - 'do not try this at home!' when my scalpel failed to cope with the cleaning .
To get the riders to fit the horses I drilled into the saddle and pushed in a pin then cut it off .
Next I had to drill into the rider - I can't look at this photo without wincing ! - That's gotta hurt !
And it did hurt - ME !!!! , managed to jab my finger with the pin drill - Ouch ! . The language was disgraceful ! - the cat left the room ! the dog looked alarmed as I danced about sucking my finger .
Having made the 'blood sacrifice' to the Goddess of Wargaming I've got half the unit sorted out and temporarily based . The problem with figures shooting from horseback is they always look that they are about to shoot their comrade to the left/right , so I've tried to base them so that they are shooting in the general direction of the enemy . I've nearly got a gun and crew painted also a cavalry unit which I will post when completed and varnished .