Sunday 13 March 2016

A Great Gunne.


Been cracking on with my TYWish armies and I've got a gun and crew finished .The gun was a bit of a pain to de-flash (the wheels especially) but at least they fit onto the axles perfectly .


I decided to base the crew separately on pennies and leave the gun unbased . The colour scheme for the gun I found on the Internet.


The gun and crew are displayed on a 'Imex' resin redoubt I've had for a while and have just got painted up. Got a cavalry regiment almost finished - they only need varnishing so things are speeding along nicely.



16 comments:

  1. Busy chap. That gun looks great, and I like the gunners massive hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think Mars figures got a rather bad review , once painted not bad at all, Tony

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sadly there does not seem to be any smaller type gun in plastic - so 'Great Gunnes' it is ! , Tony

      Delete
  3. A Call to Arms do some smaller 17th century guns in plastic.

    You're moving super fast on this one, I must say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to look them up, yes I’ve been mainly concentrating on this projectt and sadly ignoring other things on my painting list, Tony

      Delete
  4. Splendid Tony - you are moving at a rapid rate with excellent results - do like the Gunners on Pennies - well done. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are painting up faster than I thought , I'm purposely not spending a lot of time on the individual figures, Tony

      Delete
  5. Nice work! I like the redoubt as well. Just the thing if you need to defend a hill or decide to besiege a manor house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picked it up cheap on Ebay ages ago and finally got around to painting it up, Tony

      Delete
  6. Nice looking gun...and gunners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they look better now they are painted and glossed up, Tony

      Delete