This morning my 'Toy Soldier Collector' magazine arrived in the post - It's the only mag I subscribe too nowadays - I rarely bother with the wargaming magazines . I then took the dog for a walk and this magazine had started me thinking about my 54mm project which has languished recently , by the time I'd returned home I was all fired up to cast a few figures and start expanding my collection .
I'm expanding each of my units by 3 figures increasing them to 15 per unit . Here are the 3 figures for my 'Red' army .Lanarkshire Rifle Volunteers . The 'Toy Soldier' moulds from Prince August are I think some of their older ones and are I find difficult to fit together - needing lashings of 'Green Stuff' modelling putty .
These additional figures will be another infantryman , a Sergeant and being a Light Infantry unit a Bugler rather than the more usual Standard Bearer . Here they are glued together, the gaps filled with 'Green Stuff' and based up. I've given the Bugler a instrument from the Irregular range of bits and pieces , They will need a bit of tidying up tomorrow - a bit of filing of the filler etc and then a spray undercoat . I'll report back when I start painting them .