If I lived in Victorian times my wife could probably have me certified and locked away in a private asylum somewhere!. Flushed with the the success of the re basing of my Indian Mutiny figures I have decided to re base my entire Napoleonic collection ! - that's approximately 600 figures , each one based on a penny ( originally this period was going to be Old School ) . I've made a start and have got 5 Battalions done ( each of 36 figures) , more 'Basetex' and static grass have been ordered - but I have managed to stick the modelling knife into my thumb twice (with accompanying bad language and dance around the room) and think I'm getting repetitive strain injury in my right hand - I've said it before - 'I must be mad !'.
Necessity being the mother of invention ! - I've found that putting the penny which the figure is on in the vice and tapping it sharply with a small hammer parts the figures with it quickly and easily - without the risk of bloodshed ! - above another regiment ready for 'Basetexing'.