Friday 15 January 2021

Peter Cushing wargamer (three more photos)


Found these photos on Facebook of Peter Cushing's figure collection which I haven't seen before , here he's dusting a Britains Howitzer .


Peering at the figures in the cases he seems to have collected Britains farm animals and machinery as well as toy soldiers . I wonder if the trees in the bottom case are the old 'Merit'ones ? . There's a Naval gun and Hussars on the top of the cases as well - an impressive collection . (my father used to wear a cardigan like that - but without the collar and tie).


Think I've seen this one before (from the Peter Cushing Appreciation society)but a classic period photo of the great man .

PS found another one , again from The Peter Cushing Appreciation Society .










 

18 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I haven't seen those before!! Thank you for finding them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in the day when casual attire was replacing your tweed jacket and brogues with a cardigan and slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great find, fantastic pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another reason to wear a cardigan and cravat. Thanks for posting these...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tony, I collect toy soldiers, and DVDs of British pre-1980 Horror-films. Only a few days ago I watched Peter Cushing in Night of the Big Heat. Great photos.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photos. I only wish my own artillery was as dust-free!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget the cravat, as seen in the last photo. That's when you know that a gentleman is really letting his hair down :-)

    Regards, Chris.

    https://notquitemechanised.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete