Thursday 2 July 2020

A bit of progress after a fraught week .


I've been having computer problems this week which is VERY annoying ! . It turned out I needed a new key board , I did think I had a spare one but couldn't find it so I had to get a new one at the supermarket - the following day I found the one I already had ! - 'blast' ! . On the painting front I've got quite a few ancient figures glued up and painted for my SPQR project . These 10 Romans are first up - they are 28mm Warlord plastics , I used he shield transfers that were provided - bit fiddly but look nice when done .


A Gallic hero , again Warlord and this one is a new resin model.  I quite like their new resin figures flexable but not bendy if you know what I mean .


The Gauls needed somewhere for their Druids to hang out , so I revamped 'Woodhenge' , This was a model I made about 20 years ago which I found whilst looking for that b****y keyboard ! it was rather worse for wear but a bit of TLC has got it back in operation .


Here we see it being re-sanctified to the Old Gods with the sacrifice of a black ram - both figures again by Warlord - not sure the Romans will be happy about this - cue the next scenario .....




10 comments:

  1. Great work Tony - it's amazing what you find when you go looking for something else

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work.... I'll check out the new resin figures. Love Woodhenge by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be bent but not in the normal soft plastic way and the detail of the figures seems okay .

      Delete
  3. Wood henge is excellent and really looks the part. Your figures have come out really well. I used transfers on third century Romans and they can look great, fiddly indeed but very useful too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that when transfers work well they look great but take time and patience .

      Delete
  4. The Roman Legionaries look great Tony- well done! I'm not a big fan of Transfers but you have made them work excellently. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time I've really used them for anything else other than model aircraft , a good idea but tricky to get right .

      Delete
  5. Lovely toys Tony...
    I agree that transfers can be a bit fiddly... but they are certainly worth the effort.
    I like the henge... I may have to build one for myself...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was originally built about 20 years ago , but time had not been kind to it , hence the repairs .

      Delete