Sunday 17 February 2019

Return To The Rogan Josh Valley (part1)





When I'm stuck for an idea to game my default setting is something Old School and I thought it was time for another North West Frontier game using 'The Sword And The Flame' . The Imperial force is attempting to attack the troublesome Rogan Josh valley and it's way is being blocked by a force of irregular tribesmen . I diced for the starting positions of the British force and also for the Afghans .


I diced for the composition of the Afghans  from a chart I made up with ten ready made forces on it and it produced 3 bands of  irregular tribesmen  , a gun and a cavalry unit . Here we see the Afghan leader Bungit Din having a lively 'discussion' with a mysterious Russian officer whilst the Burpa tribesmen take up positions . (overtones here of Carry On Up The Khyber)


The somewhat antiquated gun is sighted on the approaching British force.


The British commander General Crawley ('Creepy' to the other ranks ) blissfully unaware of the hidden enemy awaits the rest of his force , behind him a company of the 14th Sikhs await his orders .


And here they are - 2 Companies of Gurkhas and a Mountain gun (not on the table yet) moving down the road past the chance cards and rule book .  Too be continued ……..
(PS I apologies for the non appearance of the second part of the O.S ACW game - my camera battery died on me )





2 comments:

  1. Very nice start to the Battle. Interested to know the Scale of the Figures and their Make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The figures are mainly Old Glory and Foundry Miniatures 28mm

      Delete