Thursday 14 February 2019

Featherstone's Horse And Muskets Rules Playsheet.

Thought it might be an good idea to post the playsheet for the rules I'm using for my ACW game at the moment . This sheet was originally for my Franco-Prussian forces - hence the reference to the artillery types . The only difference from the original rules is the artillery casualties which I have modified from medium and long ranges . (click on photos to enlarge)



I also dice for who goes first each move , move first fire second .


8 comments:

  1. Nice to see, i am increasingly perplexed as to how / why did our gaming world evolved into big rulebooks and increasing complexity in the name of ‘good’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think Featherstone and the like began to be seen as "childish" and complication was more sophisticated , luckily things have swung the other way again .

      Delete
    2. Thank goodness,l find l just lack the patience and desire to learn completely new systems if they are complicated or written in dense prose.

      Delete
    3. As I get older I find I haven't the patience either with complex rule systems

      Delete
  2. Very nice, thanks! This is a good week for vintage gaming posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep returning to these rules that I first played 50 years ago .

      Delete
  3. These rules look like they would also work just fine for 54mm figures without any adjustments to movement distances or firing ranges, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would think so , I've used them with 40mm figures with no problems .

      Delete