Tuesday 23 October 2018

Seeing Both The Woods And The Trees.


I have been looking for some more MDF trees for my 40mm SYW-ish figures , I did some 2D ones several months ago and they have been a great success, they were originally meant for displaying family trees . I noticed that some Fir trees type ones were being advertised on EBay for use as Christmas ornaments - so I ordered a pack of ten for a very reasonable price .


I had to buy some suitable round bases for them and cut up some square bases into triangles to hold the trees in place using my rather grungy glue gun to fix them . There are a couple of figures for scale 40mm on the left 28mm on the right .


I've started painting them with a hint of shading , which may or may not be working !? using a large cheap make up brush , the trunk and base are still to be completed . I'll post photos when I've got them done .



4 comments: