Saturday 18 August 2018

What's On The Painting Tray .


Well I have lots of figures that need painting , some more relevant than others - BUT being a wargaming / painting butterfly I go off at tangents - so spurning the worthier projects I've been painting Warhammer 40K Sci Fi for a project myself and 'A' are doing (more to follow) and some 12mm AWI Hessians which have been waiting 6 months to get finished .


I've got to be in the humour to paint these small figures as they are fiddly , I usually paint them in groups of eight (one base) , here they are blue tacked to a craft lolly stick .


Here they are done , it doesn't take long once I get into the mind-set . I use dabs of colour leaving plenty of black undercoat to act as shadow , these are painted to look okay at arms length .


The 'Corner of Shame' - the figures I should have been painting , start on them next week - probably .




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes the plastic Perry ones , for Sharp Practise - when I ever get them painted (sigh)

      Delete
  2. I hate 'having' to paint this or that bur I also find my desk easily gets too cluttered to function properly. Unfortunately, if primed or 1/2 painted figures are put away, there is no telling how many weeks, months, years..... will pass before they reappear, if ever.

    Still, the Hessians look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I tend to have things primed and ready - then something new and shinny catches my eye …...

      Delete
  3. You make better progress than I do. Interesting looking Scifi bods. My youngest son has gone all space marine on me and it's a whole world I know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are from the 'Kill Team' boxed game which I and my mate are doing only small skirmish games . I paint most days but can be a bit scatty in what I paint.

    ReplyDelete