Sunday 17 December 2017

Wargaming Thoughts For 2018


The Author at his gaming table immersing himself in the period . 

It has come to that time of year when I make a fool of myself by predicting what I will accomplish in the coming year and look at what I didn't get done in the last ! . I'm rather pleased with myself as I think I've only started one new project (?) my 'Test Of Honour' Samurai game - which I'm still enjoying as it gives quick exciting games with perhaps more to do with the Japanese cinema than history - but that's what drew me to them in the first place . I've got my TYW armies more or less finished and got more of my plastic 20mm Crimean War done . I hope to get more of these painted next year as well as finishing off my 10mm AWI project and the Austrians for 1860's Italy are almost finished.   I've got quite a lot of metal to melt down so the odd 40mm Prince August homecast  may be on the cards . I plan to play more 'Old School' using the various armies I already have done , also some Colonial gaming using TSATF . It will be interesting to see how much of this comes to pass when I look back in another years time ! .

10 comments:

  1. Well done sticking to your plans..... more than I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I may have donned rose tinted spectacles in my recollections I fear .

      Delete
  2. It does sound like you've had a very productive year, I will be watching closely next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plan? Pu-lan...nope, its not coming to me.. what is that again?.....So more 54's in store then? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning is one thing , carrying them out another!, have a pile of metal so homecasting is on the cards once the weather gets warmer .

      Delete
  4. Good stuff Tony. Can we expect any TYW games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes am due to do one soon now things are almost finished .

      Delete
  5. Tony- Last year I managed to do three Projects in 1/72nd, this year half of one- in 15mm...presently I'm trying to bring myself around to Sculpting figures - seems I've lost my mojo! I hope that 2018 is a success for you Tony. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit I paint most days as a form of relaxation so I do get through things . It's no good trying to force yourself to get things done , I'm sure your painting mojo will return in its own time , Tony

      Delete