Tuesday 12 December 2017

Progress With Test Of Honour.


First an apology for the poor photo , the bulb in my light in the wargaming room has died and the only one on hand is of lesser 'wattage' and a large amount of Photoshop was needed to salvage this photo . I've been busy in the background painting more Samurai figures and terrain for my 'Test Of Honour' project - here we see a game set up ready for playing. 


One of the more fun figures I have been painting is Banzuiin Chobei a sort of 'Robin Hood' character in Japanese history - a hero for the common man . Rumours that I modelled for this figures are wrong ! , but he is quite a chap both in history and on the tabletop ! .


Here is a rather bloody wood print on his death , ambushed in a bath house he slew many of his attackers who had to set fire to the building to finally dispatch him .









4 comments:

  1. I'm always impressed at the symmetry of the layouts of samurai miniatures games (if done right). And that Banzuiin Chobei figure is amazing. Is that your paintjob? If so, doubly impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all to do with Feng Sheui (?) on the table , I always have a problem getting Asiatic flesh colour right.

      Delete
  2. Nice board, I like the stylized Japanese look, and a great paint job on the figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rather enjoying painting these figures up , not to many to become a chore .

    ReplyDelete