Friday 8 September 2017

Austrian Command .


One of the drawbacks with Irregular is that they tend to do only one General per army . So I have been making variants for my 1859 Austrians . The right hand figure is the original figure , the centre one is a slight conversion using a different horse, adding a sash and plumes to his bicorne using 'green stuff' . The left hand figure is a more ambitious conversion using a British officer in 1890 Home Service Dress (!?) , I scraped off the various straps over his shoulders , added  coat skirts  , sash and  lengthened the  trousers using 'green stuff' . I cut the head off and added an infantryman's head and shako . 


This is the Austrian Commander in Chief and a Hussar bugler on the command base , he is a British General from the Irregular '1890 Home Service Dress' range with a rather  impressive beard ! . I cleaned off the various straps, added longer coat skirts and trouser legs , I also added a sash around his waist . I CAREFULLY cut off his peaked cap and added a bicorne , tidying up with 'greenstuff ', so that is the Officer Corps sorted out for my Austrian army .




6 comments:

  1. Bravo! As a fellow wielder of the green stuff to make similar plumage, I am impressed. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very clever conversions indeed, Tony, and very nicely painted.

    ReplyDelete