Thursday 28 September 2017

A Painting Commision.


'A' dropped off this box the other day - a very heavy box full of toy soldiers ! . He had asked me to paint up some figures for his new project - 'The German Invasion Of Britain 1897' which I believe is based on a series of articles in a newspaper at the turn of the century about the threat to the U.K. from Germany.


OMG ! there is a serious amount of lead in the box ! . He is using Irregular Miniatures 28mm figures , the British are from the 'British Home Service' range and the Germans from the Franco-Prussian range . He is planning to use a modified version of the 'Black Powder' rules with the standard unit of 12 figures for the infantry and 6 for the cavalry .


A couple of the British figures , rather nice ! , so I have a lot of cleaning up of figures , basing (using 1p pieces) and undercoating to keep me busy in the future. I will post some photos when I get some of them painted 



6 comments:

  1. This looks like a good project. I fancy doing it in 40 or 54mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very different painting project , looking forward to painting them , even if they are not my figures .

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A chance to paint uniforms and figures I normally wouldn't get a go at doing

      Delete
  3. An excellent project...
    The 'Invasion scare' stories from end of the 19th-start of the 20th century are a subject close to my heart...
    I think your friend may have been inspired by one or all of these books...
    The Battle of Dorking by George Tomkyns Cheney
    The Great War in England 1897 and The Invasion of 1910 ... both by Willian Le Queux.
    All worth a read if you want to get into the subject and still available...on Amazon and Kindle.
    The Battle of Dorking is the shortest...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think it was the 'The Great War in England 1897' that has inspired him into this project .

      Delete