Monday 7 August 2017

The Games Afoot ! .


Well the campaign has started , both Generals have sent me orders and force dispositions and I have given them the locations of their forces at the end of day 1 . Sadly of course I can't let you all into the progress as they both view my blog and it's 'TOP SECRET' , but when the forces near each other all will be reveal to them and you . Here we see a contemporary photo of French troops marching off to the Front watched by their High Command.


Both Generals have been given various objectives/tasks to perform and the one that completes them first is the winner , as you can see I'm keeping it simple as the main reason of this campaign is to produce table top battles for toy soldiers rather than any grand strategy . Here we see the Prussians setting off on the campaign .


The Prussian Commander in Chief and staff receive preliminary reports from a Dragoon patrol. Well we are off - as many other campaigns have  done in the past , lets hope this one stays the course - I have high hopes ! . Too be continued .........







9 comments:

  1. Tony, if you manage to beat the campaign inertia fairy - please teach me how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they all start off like this - all bells and whistles ! , we will see

      Delete
  2. Sad as I may sound my main reason for wanting to do campaigned has always been to build a baggage train and actually use it on the table top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can see the attraction , sadly I'm keeping it very simple without logistics

      Delete
  3. Great photos - I look forward to seeing how this plays out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to all concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely aged photographs - I wish you joy of your campaign.

    ReplyDelete