Tuesday 10 March 2015

I Win A Cup !.


I won a cup - well a mug actually - M S Foy of http://prometheusinaspic.blogspot.co.uk/ was offering them free on his blog to people that could come up with a good reason why they should have one . Having just broke the handle off my mug I said I should have one as a replacement - and my cheekiness got me one - which duly arrived this morning . On one side it has a picture of  Maximilien Sebastien Foy who was a French Napoleonic General .


and on the other a motto - 'Old Wargamers never die they merely reduce their Combat Effectiveness to zero'. Here we see the mug being used in combat - surrounded by gaming equipment and emergency rations . 




8 comments:

  1. Nice cup, but that Savage & Soldier ruler is far more intriguing.

    RIP Lynn...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rather battered 12" ruler was a free gift when I purchased 2 copies of the magazine of the same name about 20 + years ago at 'Northern Militaire' wargames show . Tony

      Delete
  2. Hi Tony- Interesting Luck for being cheeky...nice mug too...those rations look good- we call them 'Westerns' here....it's 3:15am here in Sydney...cannot sleep: thinking about my 40mm Mars Project...I'll have a cuppa and see if that will induce sleep. Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The biscuits are Mcvities Choclate Digestives - food of the Gods and a particular favourite with yours truly , Tony

      Delete
  3. A good win....and agree with you about chocolate digestives.....particularly good in white bread sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ! never heard of that ! - will have to give it a try , Tony

      Delete
  4. Respect. He wouldn't give me one

    ReplyDelete