Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Open Cockpits & Straw Bales

 


My wife helps at a charity shop and I called in to see her to go for lunch and was perusing the bookshelves and wandered into the Sports section (an area I do not tend to view) and came across this book ! . The chap that wrote it was a vicar and as we know vicars write a cracking book ! , very interesting and just the era I was aiming for . It is illustrated by the authors paintings of racing cars - what a find ! 


I have also purchased the other cars I needed from the eBay , here a Talbot Lago , the card is going to be part of my racing car game , in black and white cos this is the 50s !


A Cooper Bristol , the driver is Reg Parnell - you don't get people called 'Reg Parnell' nowadays - and thats what's wrong with the modern world !


And finally a HWM (Hersham and Walton Motors) piloted by Stirling Moss - there's a name to conjure with ! - I remember Stirling Moss from my youth . I've made cards for ever car and for some strange reason my printer is leaving a white line through them (Grrr!)


The prototype track - a piece of MDF rescued from my neighbours skip , the rules are being worked on at the moment - keeping them simple and having no paperwork to record speed etc - hence the dice behind the cars .The rules are up next .









No comments:

Post a Comment