Saturday 24 September 2022

Game markers for 'Nacho Wars' .


At the present time I'm going to use 'A Gentleman's War' for my South American Imaginations . I needed some method of marking if a unit had acted , I use Victorian pennies for my 54mm figures but I thought I needed something more in keeping with the South American vibe . South American coins seemed quite expensive then I thought - stamps ! - got a whole envelope full for 99p from eBay ! . I've glued them to some MDF bases blue/green for Nuevo Rico and red/purple for the Republic.


Next I needed a marker for when a unit was disordered , with my 54mm I use postage stamps ! - so I had to think again . Then I remembered the old Neuvo Rican proverb - "Tao desorganizado quanto uma lhama '"  (as disorganised as a llama) , I got these from Foundry , so when a unit becomes disorganised due to terrain or morale it gets one of these put beside it to remind me . I think I'm about ready to play a game now , so hope to post this soon .

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Great ideas, particularly the llamas for disorganisation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jaguars for activated, beer labels for drunk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and very unique solutions for your markers Tony! The South American vibe is palpable and will add a great deal to your game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I do like appropriate markers for each project .

      Delete
  4. I really like the solutions you have come up with, inspired indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks , took a bit of thinking about to come up with these .

      Delete
  5. Great ideas - I shall have to pinch 'em - imitation is after all the sincerest form...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the STAMPS idea - good going Tony- look forward to the Battle.

    ReplyDelete