Thursday 22 July 2021

Heat related reading issues .




I think the current weather is having a subliminal effect on my reading , I'm half way through a book on the 'Battle of the Bulge' 1944 which of course is set in winter and I just couldn't get on with it - all that talk of snow and ice etc . - then along comes the above book which I pre-ordered and has arrived early (evidently he's written two cracking books on the 1st and 2nd Sikh wars) and so I'm now immersed in the sweltering heat of India just outside Delhi ! - much better ! . 

PS must clean my mug out !!

 

8 comments:

  1. You need to read it by Saturday ….. lower temperatures and heavy rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago I had 25mm Armies for the 'Indian Mutiny' -all the figures were by Wargames Foundry- a great period to paint up and game...you'l enjoy your new book for sure Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have a lot of Foundry painted up , but never reach the table often , maybe this book will inspire me .

      Delete
  3. I have read The Second Anglo Sikh War. He is a first class author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having just read through the introduction and foreword I'm liking his style .

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great read Tony! A very interesting period indeed!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Flashman book set me off on this period many years ago .

      Delete