Saturday 19 June 2021

Cleansing the wargaming room .

 


In the last post I was musing about down sizing my table , then I thought another way would be freeing up the surrounding area of the table - if I could stack everything under the table ! . This has taken most of the week and still is a work in progress - but I am getting there ! . The wheelie bin is full of disposed junk and wargaming detritus and the paper recycling bin is full ! . In the process I have killed the hoover (began to make strange burning smells) and so have to buy a new one. I then found that the cupboard I use for storage is riddled with wood worm - so that has been hacked up for firewood . 


To celebrate this partial victory I have set up a AGW game using my 54mm figures . A 'Red' Army attack on a 'Blue' Army fortification and outpost .


The rather isolated Rifle unit who man the redoubt .


The rest of the 'Blue' garrison parade outside the Police Station .


'Red' Army has a Foreign observer as a game asset .


Captain Ming of The Imperial Celestial Army ( a purchase off Ebay with the original paint job touched up a bit)


The Highland Brigade and Gurkhas advance from the woods towards the earth works . There is a Naval party with an 'infernal device' to demolish the fortifications on the road .


Alarmed by this 'Blue' Army reinforcements rush forward - scattering the civilian traffic from the road .


Charging ahead down the road 'Red' Armies Hussars come under fire from the entrenched Field Artillery  .  Further reports on the game and the cleansing process to follow .......

















20 comments:

  1. Excellent work and a great game. The redoubt is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks , it took some doing - I'm not a natural woodworker .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed seeing this and especially the mix of figures. I wish you well with the continued sort out.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temporary halt on the cleaning from till the wheelie bin gets emptied on Monday , it's nice to get my old 54mm out again on the tabletop .

      Delete
  4. It is good to have a good sort out and clean up- frees up a lot of good storage space and extra room to move. I'll have to do the same-soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yews it's maximising the available storage space and decluttering .

      Delete
  5. How can you play amid such tidy surroundings? :)

    Actually the room and table look like a most pleasant setting to enjoy our hobby in I must organize another Big Push to further last year's efforts here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleaning up is the easy bit - keeping it tidy is the big effort - flat surfaces gather junk .

      Delete
  6. Motivating to see someone else in the midst of a game room cleanse (mine is currently ongoing--in fits and starts). Charming battle report: even if a cliff-hangar. I look forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It needed doing , I've accumulated so much junk over the last 50 years

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking game as always. I do like the explosion markers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking game room and outstanding battle report. I also like your retro table very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does need another coat of paint if I can find a matching shade .

      Delete
  9. A classic looking game indeed Tony…
    I too am doing a serious tidy/archaeological dig in my wargames room… it must be the season for it…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is amazing the space that you created. The table and figures look lovely.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tidy or not, I was busy looking at the painted figures, some nice items!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will get around to reporting the end game soon .

      Delete