Sunday 9 May 2021

Hinchcliffe Models - a blast from the past.


My wargaming colleague 'S' is the new proud owner of the post 1700 Hinchliffe Models ( Hinchliffe Models – Classic 25mm historical figures ) and he has asked me to paint up some Napoleonic figures for his web store . I've never had anything to do with their Napoleonic range but I was pleased with the samples he sent me  , you can buy them singularly at 90p each which I always find handy, instead of packets of 6 as other people do and they are much easier to paint than modern figures - especially plastic ones as they have an old fashioned 'chunky' detail that takes paint very well .


French Horse Artillery of the Guard .


French Light Infantry .  





 

14 comments:

  1. Very good Tony, thanks for the link and good luck to your mate "S" on his new venture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's busy sorting the molds out and generally getting up and running, think they will prove popular.

      Delete
  2. Classic figures. How many magazines, rulesets and military history/wargaming books were graced by pictures of Hinchliffe napoleonic figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had any of their Napoleonics, so it was nice to paint a few up.

      Delete
  3. These look nice Tony, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done that man for taking this on - great painting too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit of an undertaking, sorting the molds and starting casting is coming on though.

      Delete
  5. Recently completed my Muscovite army, nearly all Hinchcliffe. Classic figures.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think they have stood the test of time , a character all of their own.

      Delete
  6. Great work. Do tell S congratulations from me on acquiring the range. If by some slim chance he gets any enquiries about the fantasy range, please ask him to point them in my direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw you have acquired the fantasy range, will let him know if he gets enquiries.

      Delete
  7. This is excellent news, to lose this range would be tragic - my first order his going in tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a piece of wargaming history , but still great figures.

      Delete