Monday 19 April 2021

Shiny in the sun .


Taking advantage of the sunny weather and the absence of the dog I thought I'd photograph the newly varnished 54mm ECW figures I've got done . First up is Nigel Pargetter's Troope of Horse , nice figures that fit their horses well and only one annoying pose - the chap shooting to his right .


Next Thomas Forreste's group of 'Commanded Muskets' , think I should have taken these photos in a bit more shadow , didn't realise how 'glarey' the sun was.



Got the Parliamentarian Commander done, 'Colonele Danby' and his Ensign .



Here seen with the first Companye of Musketeers of Col. Dandy's Regt. of Foote .I hope to crack on and get some more painted this week ready for the first clash in Borsetshire.



 

15 comments:

  1. Really nice finish. I particularly like the green coats and flag. Looking forward to seeing the action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ensign is a cracking figure , seems to capture the period very well .

      Delete
  2. Hurrah! Toys always look better outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The figures are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiny indeed - ye Archers plot deepens. What I wonder is that troublesome wench General / Goodwife Snell up to arranging? A troop of pack-llamas in the baggage train?

    I stopped listening about 20 / 25 years ago ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes about the time I did as well , I get updates from a friend who listens .

      Delete
  5. Your troops look wonderful! The sunny day sets them off just right, toy soldiers can never be too shiny! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very inspirational--the attractions of shiny are fully on display.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I have a box with the remnants of an army that was abandoned after 1 1/2 units got painted. If postage is cheaper than buying new ones, they are free for the asking, and the postage. (the painted ones left a decade ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind offer , however I've now got a HUGE box full of suitable figures I got cheap as deals off EBay and my friend 'A' gave me several boxes he didn't want - so this project has blossomed out of all proportions !!!!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, these days you gotta be prepared if you stick your head up.

      Delete