Thursday 11 June 2020

The Green Croats .


Finally got my SYW-ish Croats done , seemed to have taken forever to finish them - dabbling in to many other painting projects that's my problem . The figures are from the new Prince August 40mm SYW  Austrian Hungarian moulds I bought off  Ebay  . I have painted them in the uniform of the Freikorps Von Kleist 'Green Croats' as I don't have any Austrian troops in my collection . I'm in the process of casting up another dozen figures to add a second company to this unit .







14 comments:

  1. They turned out fine Tony. A good addition to your Prussian forces. I've always enjoyed the Von Kleist units. Any thoughts of adding more, maybe cavalry? Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work there Tony the unit come up very nice- Prince August 40mm Molds are great value. My casting days are over having sold all my mold making and casting equipment- good fun while it lasted. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a pleasure to cast from - when you get a good day .

      Delete
  3. These look terrific, you have given them a splendid croat of paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks , they seem to have taken ages to get done .

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you , can't wait to get them on the table .

      Delete
  6. Bobby dazzlers Tony, Bobby Dazzlers!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , don't often get to paint green SYW figures .

      Delete