Friday 25 October 2019

Buddhist building work.


I've had this 'Sarissa' mdf temple gateway building for over a year and have been putting off building it as it looks very complicated , however having a bit of 'Test of Honour' renaissance I though I'd give it a go . The above model took an entire day of labour and enough bad language to last an careful man a year . I thought I'd be clever and spray some of the wood work before punching them out for building . 


The interior walls are grey card and were awkward to add and fitting the upper storey was the devil .


The roof structure was easier to assemble .


The roof is made from grey card which has to be bent to fit the rafters .


This proved easier than I thought , I use superglue to glue things together , I make sure I dry run things before gluing them .


The finished roof , there are some minor tweaks to do but I want to leave it overnight to set properly .


One thing I discovered is if you get superglue on your finger your mobile phone finger reorganisation won't recognise it ! .


The finished structure - very impressive . The red paint needs touching up and the base and roof tiles want a coat of paint but that's about all.


A close up of the gate entrance with a couple of monks for scale . I'm pleased to have got it done but wouldn't want to repeat it in a hurry .









5 comments:

  1. Yes it's an impressive edifice but rather fiddly to put together, our it might be I'm a bit cack handed .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great model Tony! Fantastic focus for a skirmish game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job- you certainly have more patience than me - well done.

    ReplyDelete