Tuesday 29 January 2019

Brae Heeland Laddies !.


Well I've got the first two units done of my Highland army , each of six bases which will count as a 'standard' unit under 'Blackpowder' which I will be using to play the actions of this period.


Was going to use four figures to the base but because of the rather dramatic poses of some of the figures I decided on only three . Sorry for the rather blurry photos .


In all fairness to the figures and the rather quick paint job I shouldn't be showing such up close shots which show a multitude of sins . I think the tartan has come out not to bad and like many things in life looks better the further you get away from it .


The entire Highland army so far , I need to do some command bases for them and will do a unit of Government troops next to make a change from tartan.




13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I enjoyed painting them - at least I have a made a start .

      Delete
  2. Tony- Very quick production there -and great results with the Scottish...look forward to your 'Command Bases' for them and the Government Troops. Great Project. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the command and regulars are a bit of a treat seeing I've done some of the basics .

      Delete
  3. Yes pleased how they are turning out .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoots, braw looking laddies, and ye've done a muckle o'them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoyed painting them which is something I didn't think I'd say about tartan .

      Delete
  5. Lovely Tony...
    Nice and subdued... not a Tesco’s tartan to be seen...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent stuff. Do you think you'll get a game on the table soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will be a while I'm afraid as I'm sadly dabbling with other painting projects as well (well that's one New Year resolution out the window already !)

      Delete