Wednesday 19 April 2017

First Painted Samurai .


Well these aren't Samurai but Ashigaru , I'm painting one faction up in red armour and the other in black . Sorry for the rather poor photo , I normally take my photos in the bathroom were experience has shown I get the best lighting but as my wife is having a shower I've had to take the photo on my table with the afternoon sun shinning .


My first Samurai , luckily as this game and the figures are based in the later Sengoku period when the armour and dress of the Samurai became a lot plainer they are easier to paint .


Another Samurai in black armour , the armour of this era seems to have been mainly either red or black .


An Ashigaru archer and yes the arrow does go on the right of the bow rather than the left in European archery.


The 'Black' clan Ashigaru spearmen . Archers and spearmen can be played either on multi- bases or singularly . Will soon have enough for my first game and am putting together an MDF shrine for scenery .





14 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff....must get my Redbox samurai out to look at (and then put them away again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have boxes of figures like that in "corner of shame" , Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them! While red and black lacquer seem to dominate, a russet motif is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hoping to do a mounted contingent in a red brown colour,Tony

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love the Cherry Blossom too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Project is progressing well- just the thing for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes getting on faster than I thought I would , Tony

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They were a bit of a pain to put together , luckily not a lot needed for a game , Tony

      Delete
  7. Lovely looking figures and great cherry trees - aquarium shops in garden centres seem to do painted resin (for underwater) Japanese bridges and temples but not sure of scale. Might be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes have just got a couple of 'Japanese' stone lanterns fro Pets at Home ., Tony

      Delete