Wednesday, 31 August 2016

A Converted Papal General


In my last post I mention about being short a General figure , The one mounted General I had was in full uniform - cocked hat etc and I wanted one in the more usual campaign dress . So I cut the top half off a officer on foot (pointing)and removed the mounted officers torso , drilled and pinned them together , there was meant to be a gap - but not that big ! .


The resultant waste bits - will go into my box of metal to be used for home casting.


I decided to mount him on his horse before I started filling in the gap .


I then made up some 'Green Stuff' and filled in his mid drift and gave him a frock coat , waist sash and modelled his left arm , I had lots of 'Green Stuff' left as I always mix to much up !.


Then I undercoated him and the following day painted him up and put him on a base  .


Here he is in charge of his Brigade , half of which has retreated (a fine start to his career !) , but hopefully the Papal Zouaves will save the day ! .






14 comments:

  1. Nifty bit of conversion work! When I saw his middle missing, I thought the poor commander would have to cinch his belt a little tighter. All turned out splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes bit of a miscalculation with the old razor saw there ! , Tony

      Delete
  2. Well done! I always like having the occasional unique, homemade general.

    Now, on to battle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather pleased how he has turned out ,Tony

      Delete
  3. Great conversion, and always satisfying to save a few pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fills an important gap in the Papal army, Tony

      Delete
  4. Very clever Conversion- harder to do than plastic. Well done! Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have to be a bit heavier handed 1 , Tony

      Delete
  5. He looks really good - nicely done. The picture with the missing midriff reminded me of an ancient TV ad for some form of snack food, which had hungry people with a gap in the middle. I can't remember what the product was - not sure if that's good or bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn ! you have me trying to remember that advert as well ! , was it a breakfast cereal ???? , Tony

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks turned out better than I hoped , Tony

      Delete