Wednesday 31 August 2016

A Converted Papal General


In my last post I mention about being short a General figure , The one mounted General I had was in full uniform - cocked hat etc and I wanted one in the more usual campaign dress . So I cut the top half off a officer on foot (pointing)and removed the mounted officers torso , drilled and pinned them together , there was meant to be a gap - but not that big ! .


The resultant waste bits - will go into my box of metal to be used for home casting.


I decided to mount him on his horse before I started filling in the gap .


I then made up some 'Green Stuff' and filled in his mid drift and gave him a frock coat , waist sash and modelled his left arm , I had lots of 'Green Stuff' left as I always mix to much up !.


Then I undercoated him and the following day painted him up and put him on a base  .


Here he is in charge of his Brigade , half of which has retreated (a fine start to his career !) , but hopefully the Papal Zouaves will save the day ! .






14 comments:

  1. Nifty bit of conversion work! When I saw his middle missing, I thought the poor commander would have to cinch his belt a little tighter. All turned out splendidly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes bit of a miscalculation with the old razor saw there ! , Tony

      Delete
  2. Well done! I always like having the occasional unique, homemade general.

    Now, on to battle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great conversion, and always satisfying to save a few pennies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fills an important gap in the Papal army, Tony

      Delete
  4. Very clever Conversion- harder to do than plastic. Well done! Regards. KEV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks really good - nicely done. The picture with the missing midriff reminded me of an ancient TV ad for some form of snack food, which had hungry people with a gap in the middle. I can't remember what the product was - not sure if that's good or bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn ! you have me trying to remember that advert as well ! , was it a breakfast cereal ???? , Tony

      Delete