In my last post I mention about being short a General figure , The one mounted General I had was in full uniform - cocked hat etc and I wanted one in the more usual campaign dress . So I cut the top half off a officer on foot (pointing)and removed the mounted officers torso , drilled and pinned them together , there was meant to be a gap - but not that big ! .
The resultant waste bits - will go into my box of metal to be used for home casting.
I decided to mount him on his horse before I started filling in the gap .
I then made up some 'Green Stuff' and filled in his mid drift and gave him a frock coat , waist sash and modelled his left arm , I had lots of 'Green Stuff' left as I always mix to much up !.
Then I undercoated him and the following day painted him up and put him on a base .
Here he is in charge of his Brigade , half of which has retreated (a fine start to his career !) , but hopefully the Papal Zouaves will save the day ! .