Tuesday 16 June 2015

The First Of The Piedmontese .


I'm a bit late in updating my blog this week , due to having to repair a wall and some fencing in our garden and redecorating the bathroom - where I tend to do my photography as I find it has the best lighting conditions in the house (strange but true !?) .I've finally made a start on my Piedmontese to fight the Papal army in Italy in 1860 , above are the 1st Battalion 9th Infantry Regt. again using one of the generic figures from Irregular.


I'm afraid the colours have run in the photocopied flag when varnished (something that has not happened before !?) and will have to be replaced . The rather impressive ruin behind them is a fish tank decoration bought cheaply at a car boot sale .


10 comments:

  1. These are perfectly lovely - I think you might also be able to use them for the Crimea.

    The Mahratta campaigns, the Mutiny and the thousand - AWK you seem to have a knack of wargaming the periods I want but have never got to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must admit the 19th century is my main period of interest at the moment ,Tony

      Delete
  2. Kitchen in the bathroom, eh? That's an excellent idea! Gorgeous figures, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DIY is very forced work with me - if I was rich I'd get somebody else to do it ! ,Tony

      Delete
  3. Very nice and ready for campaigning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I've had problems with colours running on flags too, now I give them a spray of the wife's hairspray to fix the ink, then add a coat of wood glue when the flag is fixed and furled on the staff to "plasticise" it before varnishing. Bit of a carry on but it makes them very robust.
    Best wishes, Brian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to try your method , this is the first time its happened - VERY annoying ! ,Tony

      Delete
  5. Very nice ! And fine looking troops they are, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have turned out quite well and has inspired me to get back into painting the period , Tony

      Delete