Sunday, 4 October 2026

A forgotten treasure refound.

 


We are busy redecoration the back bedroom so my gaming/painting has taken a bit of a knock . Whilst reorganising I came across my copy of 'Battle Cry' the C&C version of the ACW , I purchased it quite a long time ago and not played it much , so I thought it ideal for a quick game or two this week.


It was designed to be sold at ACW gift shops at various battlefields in the US , very eye catching and marketed to catch the non-gaming publics eye , plastic figures nice terrain and easy rules.


Easy to set up and quick to play - ideal for me this week !



A reminder of the past - I got it when the dog was a puppy - hence the chewed edge and corners - I obviously left it lying about unsupervised !


This weeks project - Jackson's Valley Campaign , starting with Kernstown .












12 comments:

  1. A most fortunate find.
    Alan Tradgardland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid find! Battle Cry is a proper classic—ideal for getting a quick game in when the painting table is out of action due to decorating. Enjoy the Valley Campaign!

    All the best, Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sign of a "mature" wargamer: turning up a nice surprise like this whenever you are obliged to sort/shift the collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you stir things up stuff comes to the surface again.

      Delete
  4. Classic game - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Tony, and still complete! Minus a little dog chew! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not in bad comdition apart from the incident with the (then) puppy .

      Delete
  6. That looks really good, never seen that version before, should be good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They appear on eBay now and then but expensive nowadays , a bit suprised they never reissued it ?

      Delete