Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Re-basing rears it's ugly head again !

 


I said in an earlier posting that I had been doing a lot of clearing up and general tidying and I came across a box of painted 28mm ACW figures - mainly Perry and Wargames Foundry , they were all singularly based and I think I was going to use them with 'Sharpe's Practice' ? , However this had not happened and they had been stored and forgotten .I wondered how I could use them and hit upon the idea of using 'Rebels and Patriots' by Osprey , these are a fun set of 'skirmish' rules based on their successful ' Lion Rampant' series of rules .


They use 'units' of 6 or 12 figures , the suggested Confederate early war list has a unit of 12 'Shock' Cavalry , so I decided to rebase these figures to see how they would look.


I can't remember which Foundry figures these were from but they have been painted about 10 years ago and I need to paint up a couple more to finish off the unit . I'll post again when the baes are dry and finished.





2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I think they are from the Foundry "Bushwhackers" / Old West range.
    (The rules are really good too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebasing is one of those evil jobs that you just have to get on with, I have one that I have been putting off but really must get on with. Those are lovely figures and it would have been a shame not to use them, they look great on their new bases.

    ReplyDelete